Wednesday, March 11, 2009

Great lines put to good use


You know how you sometimes hear a great line that you just know is the most perfect thing you could possibly say in a given situation? The kind of line you make yourself memorise in the hope that one day, somehow, you'll find yourself in a situation where you can use it? I did this a lot with Top Gun through the '90s, despite my complete lack of contact with fighter pilots and/or the aviation industry.

Now, 15 years after the episode was first screened I finally have occasion to use one of my favourite lines from The Simpsons:

"Discount lion safari!"

Oh lordy who ever heard of such a thing? Imagine! A discount lion safari!

Happily for me the global crisis thingy has finally led to lion safaris being discounted to never seen before prices:

So not only am I able to use one of my all-time favourite lines but I can also Save Big $$$ on my next African safari. This global financial crisis just keeps on giving.

2 comments:

Senji said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Senji said...

My favourite Simpsons line at the moment is one from Rainier Wolfcastle, spoken whilst undertaking a celebrity oil-spill clean up operation: "There. That's 104 pounds of sandpipers." (heavily placing a squirming bag on the ground)