Monday, November 15, 2010

Six things you could be doing on a Monday night instead of the thing you should be doing

1. Finding an envelope and stamp for your entry into the Tyrrell's/delicious magazine competition.

2. Bringing the washing in.

3. Twisting your hair while looking at the ceiling in the right-hand corner of the room for a story idea.

4. Lying across the desk, prostrate-like, after the ceiling in the right-hand corner of the room has refused to give up any of its ideas.

5. Wondering whether exercise bikes can be used for exercise as well as hanging small pieces of hand-washing.

6. Deciding whether the saying 'Why put off until tomorrow what you can do today?' has any merit and confirming no, no it doesn't.

7. Miscalculating the number of items a procrastination list needs before you feel justified in going to bed.

3 comments:

Kettle said...

Good Lord I just remembered my tax! I should also have been doing my tax tonight. Shazbut.

squib said...

Oh, so you ARE writing a short story

I was procrastinating so hard the week before last, I mopped the floor. Actually. Mopped the floor.

Kettle said...

Squib I can't be sure it's a story so I won't be so bold as to say it is, but one thing I do know is that it will not have a character named Margaret; Margritte perhaps, but not Margaret.

Thanks for your reply to my questions about short stories all those weeks ago, as well as your thoughts on my real-life website. I totally agree with you; I just wish I wasn't so design-impaired!

I hope you overcame your procrastination before the mopping became a habit. Heavens, too much mopping always leads to trouble. Trouble I say!