Wednesday, January 28, 2009

What a piece of work


Having spent a day searching for houses for sale under $152 (in an effort to emulate Mrs Richard Fuld, who picked hers up from Mr Richard Fuld, former Lehman Bros chief exec, for said price) I am sorry to report that there are no such houses for sale in Sydney.

To my great surprise houses here start at $50 gazillion so I'm going to have to call off my $152 Deluxe Gold-Plated Mansion Housewarming Party planned for Friday night.

On the plus side, and well within my budget, I found the simply smashing brooch above. It has the visual simplicity of an Anselm Kiefer, the comical whimsy of a Bob Saget, and the intellectual acuity of a George Dubya AND it's got a 'buy it now' price of $10 on eBay. Sweet.

But who would buy such a thing, dear reader? If you look really closely at the imitation wood grain on the 'for sale' sign you can just make out the inscription: "Dear Wubsy, we really screwed those suckers. Love, Richard."

3 comments:

squib said...

It's not as cool as a 'Sale of the Century' diamond pin

Sorry the housewarming is off. I'll just hang on to that Dom Perignon White Gold Jeroboam then

Kettle said...

Squib, keep the Dom Perignon in the fridge. I'm sure I'll find a $152 house this weekend so the partay will most likely be back on next Friday :)

Anonymous said...

The last brooch I had was of a fish... and I wore it on special occasions... when I was five.