I've been thinking about doing some kind of low-brow election year commentary, just for shits and giggles, but I've been a little intimidated, frankly, with all the political smarts of politically smart people flying around.
But after the fun of today, what with Crean and Gillard and the leadership challenge that never was, I reckon an untrained monkey has as much chance of making any sense of it as anyone else so what the hey, why not have a crack.
So what do I bring as a political commentator? Absolutely nothing. But I do promise to:
- re-watch The West Wing
- drink enough beer to make Hunter ST proud
- bring everything back to the carbon tax
- never, ever say 'Juliar' even if I really, really want to (so lame, so very, very lame. So very lame.)
- base my political analysis on fortune cookies and horoscopes
- hold my suburb's third, maybe fourth, least sucky election night party.