And since we're still waiting to hear who will actually govern the country and thus have so cruelly and unnaturally been denied the opportunity of sharing a late-night, post-wedding, pre-Father's day political rant I have chosen what I'm sure you'll agree is the next best thing: a late-night, post-wedding, pre-Father's day list of ten very good things about people who you like very much getting married.
So here we go:
1. You get to see your pals all dressed up/wearing shoes/using serviettes.
2. You get to do a reading as part of the ceremony that starts: "Marriage: why bother?"
3. You get to dance to The Village People and the soundtrack to Grease without appearing mentally unstable.
4. You learn stuff (I had not heard the term 'fluffer' before tonight).
5. You get to eat all the things you bought for the babysitter that she didn't touch.
6. You get to add items to lists that are wholly unrelated to the topic under discussion: I'm very much enjoying The Avett Brothers' albums Emotionalism and I and Love and You at the moment.
7. You get to bail out of a list early if you're too tired to write anything else and just want to post one of those cacky "Let's take a photo of ourselves with my phone, yeah yeah! Because that'll be hilarious" kind of photos:
Mr and Ms Kettle, looking decidedly dishevelled and ready to go home to see what the babysitter didn't eat.
Oh, and if you're wondering whether our 'new' government is sorted out yet, this site will keep you up to date: